Protecting your privacy is important to us.
Effective July 1, 2018
Last Modified on September 13, 2020
The Data We Collect
SHARE collects three types of data:
(1) data that you provide,
(2) data produced by your use of the App, and
(3) data produced by riding in our vehicles.
Data You Provide
Personal profile information that you provide when you create an account. This may include
- your name, email address, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification number, birth date, and photo.
- Other information you specifically give us permission to access. This may include access to your address book or calendar.
Data Produced by Your Use of the App
- Data and information that is produced when you use the service, such as location information, distance, destination, usage frequency, device information, and activity data.
- Geolocation data
- Employer information
- Healthcare provider information
- Special needs of riders, such as wheelchair needs, hearing or vision impairment, or other special need
- Information from 3rd party data sources
Data Produced by Riding in our Vehicles
- Connected car telematics data
- Camera and Video Data
- City Data
- Vehicle & Driver Tracking Data with Cameras and Telematics
- Internet Usage Activity
- Traffic and accident data
How we Use Data
To provide a highly efficient and reliable transportation service, SHARE collects and uses data to optimize transportation scheduling, planning, dispatching, and the rider experience. We use the data and information that we collect to:
- To create a better overall transportation experience
- To make scheduled transportation more reliable
- To plan routes and dispatch vehicles
- To measure rider satisfaction
- To calculate dynamic ride fare pricing
- To determine pick-up and drop-off locations
- To connect you with other riders for a shared ride
- To complete payment transactions and/or billing of rides to the rider or a 3rd party (such as an employer or insurance company)
- To determine the arrival time and other elements of your trip schedule
- To assign vehicles and drivers to scheduled rides
- To create efficient route plans for multiple riders
- To track the performance of drivers.
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- To track the status of your ride before, during, and after the service
- To verify the identity of riders
- To verify the eligibility and qualification of drivers
- To aid research and development activities internally and externally
- To influence the design of the in-vehicle experience
- For customer service and support
- For product development
- To communicate with users and to allow users to communicate with SHARE
- To notify users of changes to their trip plan
- To notify users of promotions
- To investigate issues with users that are riders, drivers, companies or third parties
- To provide accommodations for accessibility based on individual rider needs
- For legal purposes
- To maintain the software application(s) with updates, version changes, bug fixes, and other modification
- For the safety and security of our riders
- To determine the demand, either known or predicted, for transportation
- To measure the performance of drivers and other customer support employees at SHARE
- To inform insurance providers that are working with SHARE to provide insurance coverage for vehicles, drivers, riders, and general liability insurance for the company.
To facilitate the transfer of information and payments between SHARE and companies that are paying for SHARE transportation services. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Employers that receive information from SHARE about riders
- Healthcare providers, Senior Living communities and other organizations that receive information from SHARE about riders and secondary users, such as caregivers or family members.
- To manage the operation of autonomous vehicles and vehicles with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS)To share data about in-vehicle activity with automakers and 3rd parties
- To track your activity when using SHARE mobile apps and websites with cookies, tracking pixels, and other identification and measuring tools
How we Protect Data